Full Solid Zirconia
Monsie 3D Lab has partnered with SageMax® by Ivoclar as our Zirconia of choice.
Monsie 3D Lab has partnered with SageMax® by Ivoclar as our Zirconia of choice. Comparable if not superior to BruxZir® in many ways, this high quality Zirconia offers great esthetics, strength and versatility. Its translucent levels are the highest of all Zirconia tested.
The monolithic crown is milled from a single block and so a Zirconia crown can be up to 5 times stronger than a porcelain fused to metal (PFM) crown! It is glazed with a smooth surface but designed specifically for the posterior with more emphasis on strength.
Our Zirconia has received a 5 Star Rating from The Dental Advisor in a long term clinical study. It also received the 2018 and 2019 Top Product award from The Dental Advisor in the product category of Long Term Performer: Esthetic Zirconia.
- Anterior full-coverage crowns require a chamfer with 1.5 mm facial reduction, 1.5 mm lingual contact clearance, 1.5 mm incisal reduction 1.25 mm reduction at the gingival margin with rounded internal line angles; or a shoulder with 1.0 mm lingual reduction, 2.0 mm incisal reduction, 1.5 mm labial reduction, 1.0 mm 360 degree rounded shoulder.
- Posterior full-coverage crowns require a chamfer margin with 2.0 mm occlusal reduction, 1.5 mm buccal and lingual reduction with rounded internal line angles; or a shoulder with 2.0 mm occlusal reduction, 1.5 mm buccal and lingual reduction and 1.25 mm gingival margin reduction with rounded internal line angles.
- Chamfer Margins – Correct preparation of the chamfer margins interproximally allows the appropriate bulk of porcelain.
- Resin Ionomer cement (RelyX or RelyX Unicem, 3M ESPE)
- Maxcem Elite (Kerr)
- Panavia 21 or Panavia F 2.0 (Kuraray)
- Glass ionomer cement (GC Fuji, GC America)
Porcelain fused to Zirconia (Layered Zirconia)
If you are looking for aesthetic anterior restorations, we recommend our Porcelain fused to Zirconia (layered zirconia) crowns. They combine the strength of our high quality Zirconia with the aesthetics of E.max. This layered Zirconia combines what your parents demand with the affordability you desire. Lab tests have shown the fracture toughness and flexural strength of zirconia are significantly higher than that of alumina or any other all-ceramic restoration.